North Oconee High School has been invited by Furman University to recommend students for their Furman Scholars recognition program. Students that are selected as Furman Scholars are eligible for at least $20,000 per year, $80,000 over four years, in scholarships upon acceptance to Furman University. Additionally, Furman Scholars are eligible for a fee wavier on the Common Application.
Furman Scholar nominees must be current juniors who meet the following standards:
- A genuine interest in an education in the liberal arts and sciences
- A high school weighted GPA of 3.5 or higher
- At least a 1300 on SAT, a 1360 on the SAT-R*, a 1360 on the PSAT, or a 20 on the ACT or Aspire (excluding writing). *the SAT-R is the "new" SAT
- Significant involvement in extracurricular activities and community service
- Demonstrated leadership potential
If you feel that you meet the criteria listed above, please email Christy Conley by Wednesday March 29th at cconley@oconeeschools to be considered for nomination.