Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Dawg Camp

My name is Katy Miles, and I am currently a first-year student at the University of Georgia emailing you on behalf of Dawg Camp, UGA’s official Extended Orientation program. I am a member of the Dawg Camp Ambassador Team, an organization devoted to recruiting prospective first-year students to UGA’s Dawg Camp.
Dawg Camp is a series of transition programs that work to build a sense of community, cultivate leadership skills, and introduce incoming students to UGA culture before classes even begin. Through education about UGA traditions, the city of Athens, student organizations, vulnerability, diversity, etc., students understand what it means to be a “Dawg” and can apply this knowledge to every aspect of their college career, and beyond. Our programs are all unique, but deliver a consistent common curriculum centered on leadership development, identity development, social justice, and tackling the toughest transitional issues facing students today. The transition from high school to college can be tough, but Dawg Camp strives to prepare students to thrive and make a difference on campus, both academically and communally.
Dawg Camp has played an integral role in my transition into college by providing me with endless opportunities and lifelong friends. Dawg Camp helped me to feel confident in my decision to further my education at UGA, and seek involvement opportunities on campus that foster my interests and passions. As a Dawg Camp Ambassador, it is my mission to spread awareness of this life-changing program to every prospective UGA student, your students included! Thus, I am wondering how I can make this information available to the students at your school. This could possibly be by email, phone, or any other appropriate line of contact you could provide. I will be happy to send along additional print materials to yourself to pass around to students who will be UGA students in the fall. If feasible, I along with some of my fellow Dawg Camp Ambassadors are even able to come table (set up an information display) at your school. I would greatly appreciate your cooperation and help distributing this information. I look forward to being in contact in the near futu
re. 
DawgCamp Postcard
DawgCamp Flyer
DawgCamp Informational Booklet